Home › Forums › Saint Zelie Martin Community › Community Patron Information: Saint Marie-Azélie Guérin Martin › Reply To: Community Patron Information: Saint Marie-Azélie Guérin Martin
Saint Marie-Azélie Guérin Martin
23 December 1831 in Saint-Denis-sur-Sarthon, Orne, France
†: 28 August 1877 in Alençon, Orne, France of breast cancer
Memorial: 12 July
Lifelong lay woman. Lace maker. Married to Saint Louis Martin on 12 July 1858. Mother of nine children; five of them, all girls, survived to adulthood and became nuns; the youngest was Saint Therese of Lisieux.
- 26 March 1994 by Pope John Paul II (decree of heroic virtues)
- Mission Sunday, 19 October 2008 by Pope Benedict XVI
- recognition celebrated at the cathedral at Lisieux, France
- on 3 July 2008 Pope Benedict XVI issued a decree acknowledging a miracle involving the 2002 repair of a normally-fatal congential lung condition suffered by the infant Pietro Schiliro of Monza, Italy following a novena prayed by Pietro’s mother asking for the intervention of Blessed Louis and Blessed Marie-Azelie
- 18 October 2015 by Pope Francis during the Synod on the Family in Rome, Italy
(Information courtesy of catholicsaints.info)
- This reply was modified 6 years ago by webmaster.